6-8 red peppers (not the pointy type!)
400g beef or pork mince
1 cup of rice
4 sprigs parsley
2 tsp salt
½ cup of olive oil
2 tbsp plain flour
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp vegetable or dehydrated green herb stock
1 can chopped tomato or 250ml home-made sauce
1. Fry chopped onions and grated carrots in olive oil at medium to high temperature. Stir constantly.
2. After 2-3 minutes add mince and salt and continue to fry it for another 4-5 minutes.
3. Take it off heat and add rice, plain flour, sweet paprika and dehydrated vegetable or green herb stock. Stir the mixture.
4. Spoon mixture into the peppers, filling them 3/4 of the way.
5. Place peppers in a casserole and intersperse the potatoes between peppers.
6. Pour water until peppers are covered and add tomato sauce, canned or home-made.
7. Simmer on low for 1 1/2 hours.
8. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot.