1 kg veal
1 kg of large lima beans
1 large onion
1 can of tomatoes or 3 large fresh ones
1. Place the meat in a pot together with butter and grated onions and stir fry for a few minutes.
2. As the meat is frying, add water until the pieces are covered.
3. Add salt, pepper, and only two to three tablespoons of tomatoes (note: tomatoes can be cut into pieces to the size of your choice). Cover the pot and let the meat boil.
4. Add the lima beans to the meat after it has been boiling for several minutes. Also add water until everything in the pot is covered.
5. Finally, when the beans are done boiling, add the rest of the tomatoes. Then let the stew boil for a few more minutes so that the liquid can thicken.
Note: Tomatoes should not be added all at once in the beginning, since they don’t allow the lima beans to boil at the right pace. If you would rather use fresh tomatoes, when you add the lima beans, add whole tomatoes instead of cut ones.