1 kg leg of lamb
3 green peppers
3 medium sized tomatoes
several bay leaves
1. Cut away the stems of the vegetables.
2. Quarter the peppers, onions and tomatoes, in shapes, which hold well on souvlakia sticks.
3. Cut the meat into small pieces.
4. Pierce one piece of onion, one bay leaf, one piece of meat, one piece of tomato, one piece of meat again with the skewer and continue in the same way until the stick has been filled.
5. Smear the souvlakia with oil. Place them over a good heat, then lower the heat and grill them very slowly.
7. Just before they are done, season the meat with salt and pepper and continue grilling until done.