500 g bulgur
250 g veal minced meat
250 g lamb minced meat
1 tsp red pepper
2 tbs cumin
3 tbs parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
oil (for frying)
2 large onions, finely chopped
2 tbspine nuts
100 g walnuts, finely chopped
2 eggs, beaten
1. In a saucepan put the onions with the butter and a little bit of salt and sauté them.
2. Add the lamb minced meat and the pine nuts and sauté until the minced meat has absorbed all the fluids and is granular.
3. Take the mixture off the heat and add the parsley, the walnut crumbs and the salt.
4. Spread the bulgur in a pan, add the red pepper, cumin, salt and a cup of water and knead well all the ingredients. Add the veal minced meat and knead again.
5. Shape this mixture into small, long and narrow meatballs.
6. With your finger press the edge of each meatball so as to open up a hole and stuff it with the mixture of lamb minced meat and then close it well.
7. As soon as you have filled all the meatballs, put over the heat a saucepan with 4-5 cups of water and some salt and as soon as the water comes to a boil, add the meatballs and let them boil for 20 minutes.
8. Take them out with a straining spoon and let them cool off.
9. Then dip them one by one into a mixture of egg and rusk crumbs and fry them in hot oil.