1 cup beer
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
olive or other oil for frying
4 six-ounce (180g) red snapper fillets
1 small or half large white cabbage
2 garlic cloves
1 small bunch parsley
1 cup white wine vinegar
3 tbsp Greek honey
2 tbp extra-virgin olive oil
1. Mix 2/3 cup flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl and add the beer, mixing it in vigorously with a fork or wire whisk.
2. Add half an inch olive oil to a large, heavy skillet and heat over a high heat.
3. Spread the remaining flour on a plate. Coat the fish fillets on both sides in the flour then dip into the batter.
4. Fry for about 4 minutes per side and drain.
5. Combine the cabbage, carrot, garlic and parsley in a serving bowl.
6. Whisk together the vinegar, honey and olive oil and pour into the salad.
7. Season with salt and pepper and toss. Serve immediately, together with the fish.