2 tbsp olive oil
1 large spanish onion
2 cloves garlic
1 can whole tomatoes
1 tsp paprika
a pinch of crushed saffron
salt and pepper to taste
2 large potatoes
3 stalks of celery
2 cups of chicken broth
1 1/2 lbs firm white fish
1. Heat oil in a large pan and sauté onion until translucent.
2. Add garlic and tomatoes and continue to simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
3. Add spices, potatoes and broth. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add fish and continue to cook until the fish flakes.
5. Purée soup in blender or food processor.Optional: Pass through a sieve for a finer texture.
6. Return to stove and simmer over low heat for an additional 10 minutes.