2 cups of milk
1 vanilla pod
4 egg yolks
3/4 cup of sugar
1 cup of cream
1. Put the milk, the vanilla seeds, and the pod in a pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
2. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar.
3. Remove milk from heat and begin adding the milk to the egg sugar mixture, ladel by ladel. Stirring between the first two ladles.
4. Return the mixture to the heat and stir constantly and gently with a wooden spatula. When the mixture begins to set take off the heat.
5. Discard vanilla pod. Add the cream and leave to cool.
6. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions until it is set and can be removed with a spoon.
*For a stronger vanilla aroma, add a teaspoon of vanilla essence to the milk.