Stuffing with Dried Fruit
Here we present you with a dried fruit stuffing that you can use with various different poultry or game. The wine helps prevent the stuffing and the meat from becoming dry.
The quantities are calculated for a 3-4 kg animal.
- 50 gr butter
- 2 fresh onions,chopped in brunoise
- 1 celery stalk,chopped in brunoise
- 500 gr corn bread or whole wheat bread (one day old)
- 250 gr apricots
- 250 gr prunes
- 200 gr black raisins
- 1/2 litre Mavrodaphne wine, or any sweet wine of your choice
- 1 tsp of each: nutmeg, all spice ground
- salt & pepper
Finely chop the dried fruit and soak in the wine for 15 minutes.
Sauté the onions and the celery in the butter until they start to turn brown.
Add the finely chopped fruits and add the wine.
Take off the fire and mix with the bread crumbs and the spices in a bowl.