Chicken with Apple, Lemon and Raisins
This zesty, fruit filled chicken is full of flavors and perfect when served with a salad of greens.
4 chicken thighs, boned and fileted
1 onion finely chopped
2 golden delicious apples
100 gr of raisins peeled, cored and grated
1 glass of white wine
1 cup of chicken stock
2 tsp of mustard
200 gr of pickled lemons
Preheat oven at 200°C.
1. Sauté the onion, apples and raisins in a little butter.
2. Douse with half the wine and add half of the chicken stock.
3. Spread apple mixture over each thigh filet, roll up, secure with toothpicks and bake for 40 minutes in a pre-heated oven.
- Sauté the finely chopped onion and douse with the remaining wine.
- Add the remaining chicken stock, mustard and the pickled lemons cut in half.
- Pour sauce over chicken before serving.