White Wine Sauce
Here you will find the way to convert a white wine marinade into a lovely rich white sauce.
green and white peppercorns
some coriander seeds
a pinch of tumeric
*a little ouzo, aniseed or some fennel seeds for fish
1. Put the ingredients in a pan and boil until reduced to 1/5.
2. Strain the sauce and return to the pan once more.
3. Add 1 cup of stock (fish, chicken or vegetable) and/or the cooking juices of the meat or fish being cooked, and boil for another while.
4. If the sauce is not the texture you want it, and is too thin, dilute a tablespoon of cornflour in a cup of water and add it slowly using only as much as you need.
5. Finish off with a stick of butter which will give the sauce a smooth and shiny finish and season with salt and pepper.