Andalusian Rice Salad (Ensalada de Arroz)
Fresh and healthy salad of Andalucía to enjoy on the hot days of summer!
1 cup rice
1 tsp salt
8 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp wine vinegar
1 large clove garlic
1 small onion
salt and pepper
1 4-oz jar whole piquillo peppers.
4 sprigs parsley
green and black pitted olives for garnish
- Mince the onion and garlic
- Finely chop the parsley
1. Bring 2 cups of water to the boil. Add the rice and a pinch of salt. Cover and cook slowly for 18 minutes, until rice is tender. Cool the rice.
2. Make a vinaigrette sauce by combining the olive oil, vinegar, garlic and onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Drain the piquillo peppers. Cut into strips.
4. In a bowl combine the rice, with the vinaigrette sauce, peppers, parsley, and olives.
5. Serve cool.