Pot Roasted Leg of Lamb with Garlic and Cheese
Succulent and soft, this dish will please all meat lovers. The meat almost falls off the bones, while the garlic and cheese create a tasty sauce.
2 legs of lamb on the bone, approx. 2 kg
3 cloves of garlic
80g sheeps milk hard cheese, like pecorino
- Wash the legs thoroughly and pat dry with kitchen towels. Ask your butcher to break the bone in a couple of places so that you can fit them in the pot.
1. Using a small sharp knife make holes in the lamb and fill them with slivers of garlic and small pieces of cheese. Rub thoroughly with salt and pepper.
2. In a large pot heat 3-4 tbsp of olive oil and brown meat from all sides.
3. Lower the heat and let the meat simmer covered for 1.5-2 hours until very tender.
4. Serve with oven-baked potatoes.