The reason for the name of this Serbian recipe is unknown to us; what we do know is that it is definitely an interesting way of eating breaded chicken breasts. The sauce is creamy and super tasteful!
4 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 ½ medium onions chopped in brunoise
- 1 green pepper (thinly sliced),cutted in thin julienne
- 1 sweet red bell pepper (thinly sliced),cutted in thin julienne
- 1 yellow bell pepper (thinly sliced),cutted in thin julienne
- 150 gr mushrooms,thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 250 ml home-made or organic chicken stock
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Pound meat until very thin.
Salt and pepper.
Dip chicken breasts into egg, then in bread crumbs.
Heat oil and butter together over medium heat.
Sauté until golden (about 15 minutes).
Set aside and keep warm.
Add onions to the skillet.
Sauté until limp but not brown.
Add peppers and cook till limp.
Add mushrooms and cook until they have released all their water.
Add flour and stir it around.
Add the broth and stir till the sauce thickens and is smooth.
Add the cream and lemon juice to finish off.
Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts that have been placed on the individual plates.