Sweet Crustless Pie with Angel Hair Pasta, Milk and Cheese (Pigoulopita)
This is an interesting Greek dessert; rich, with a curious texture that will win it much attention. Some may like it, some may not; but we recommend you try it either way, and we predict you will have more liking it than not!
1/2 lb angel hair pasta
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon or grated zest of 1 lemon
1 lb (500 gr) fresh, unsalted Greek mizithra
1/2 cup butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente. Remove and strain.
2. Beat together the eggs and sugar in a large bowl. Add the milk and continue beating until smooth.
3. Crumble the mizithra with your fingers and stir it into the mixture together with the cinnamon or zest. Combine well.
4. the pasta and melted butter and mix thoroughly.
5. Lightly butter a 12-inch round baking pan. Spread the mixture evenly in the pan and bake for about 1 hour until golden and set.
6. Remove, cut into pieces and serve.