BACK
user

Greece: Attica and its Vineyards

If you have decided to stay in Athens for a couple of days, before or after basking in the Greek sun, we suggest a trip to one of the large and productive vineyards close to the capital. Even though they are threatened by residential development, many historical vineyards survive and offer an interesting and enriching experience.

Rate
Rate: 
No votes yet

Attica has been an area of major settlement since antiquity, due to its ideal climate which combines mild winters and cool summers, especially along the coast.  These weather conditions are perfect for cultivating grapes, a practice that started in ancient times and persists to this day.

It is estimated that the vineyards in Attica cover, at present, approximately 65,000 acres, the majority of which are in the east of the region. Unfortunately, due to the fact that residential and commercial development is expanding, particularly in this area, the vineyards are constantly decreasing in number and are increasingly in need of our support.

80% of the grapes cultivated in Attica are the white Sabbatiano and Roditis varieties, and the remaining 20% are Greek and foreign, red varieties. From the two white grape varieties, they traditionally produce Retsina, a kind of wine scented with pine resin, the ideal accompaniment for Mediterranean cuisine. The Sabbatiano is rich in flavour, low in acidity, and with dominant fruit aromas, such as lemon, peach, apricot, and banana.

Here you will find the contact details of some of the vineyards and wine factories in Attica, most of which are open to the public:


Markou Vineyards
Τel: 210-6644711 Fax: 210-6644123
1st klm Paeanias-Markopoulou Ave.
e-mail: [email protected]
url: www.markouwines.gr

Kellari Papachristou
Τel: 210-6032510 Fax: 210-6032511
16th klm Athens-Spata Ave
Spata 19004
e-mail: [email protected]
url: www.kellari.gr

Alagianni Winery
Τel: 22990-25562 Fax: 2299040892
27ο klm Paeanias-Markopoulou Ave
Markopoulos 19003
e-mail: [email protected]
url: www.allagiannis.gr

Evharis Estate
Τel: 22960 90151 Fax: 22960 90346
Peukaneas, Mouritza
Megara 19100
e-mail: [email protected]
url: www.evharis.gr

Domain Vassili I. Panagiotou
Τel: 22990-25363 Fax: 22990-25363
Markopoulo 6 Μ. Dritsa
Μarkopoulo 19003

Domain G. Kokotos
Τel: 210-6216811 Fax: 210-6218218
1 Semeli st.
Stamata 14575
e-mail: [email protected]
url: www.semeliwines.com

Papagiannakos Estate
Τel: 22990-25206 Fax: 22990-23554
Pousi Kalogeri,
Μarkopoulo, Mesogias 19003
e-mail: [email protected]
url: www.papagiannakos.gr

Domain Matsa-Boutari
Τel: 210-6659058 Fax: 210-6659058
20th Marathonos Ave
Pikermi 19009
e-mail: [email protected]
url: www.boutari.gr

Domain Fragou
Τel: 210-6632087 Fax: 210-6632087
21K. Palama st.
Spata 19004
e-mail: [email protected]
url: www.fragou.com.gr

Georgas Family
Τel: 210-6633345 Fax: 210-6633345
12G. Georgas t.
Spata 19004
e-mail: [email protected]
url: www.geowines.gr

A. Megapanos Winery
Τel: 210-6038038 Fax: 210-6038037
1st klm Pikermiou Spata Ave
Pikermi 19009
e-mail: [email protected]
url: www.megapanos.gr

Anagnostopoulou Winery
Τel: 210-6624242 Fax: 2106020715
69 Adrianou st.
Koropi 19400
e-mail: [email protected]
url: www.anagnostou.com.gr

A. Fragou Winery
26th klp Marathonos Ave
Rafina
Tel. 2294032508 Mobile.6945337137
Εmail: [email protected]

Kontogianni Winery
16 Vas. Petouri & Dragonea st.
19003 Markopoulo, Attiki
Τel: 22990 25418

V. Markou S. A.
Τel: 210-6634102 Fax: 210-6025620
18 Spaton – Pikermiou Ave
Spata19004
e-mail:[email protected]

Domain Darema
Τel: 22990-25744 Fax: 22990-23762
Souniou 2
Markopoulo 19003
e-mail: [email protected]
url: www.daremas.gr

Petreza Tower
3rd klm Spata – Pikermi Ave
 Spata PObox 11219004
τel 210 6039396 / 210 6043396
fax 210 6039398
web: www.pyrgospetreza.gr
email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Most Popular recipes

Suggestions

  • Μενού και ιδέες για τα γιορτινά Τραπεζώματα των Χριστουγέννων
Μενού και ιδέες για τα γιορτινά Τραπεζώματα των Χριστουγέννων
  • Γιορτές με τα παιδιά στην κουζίνα
Holidays with children in the kitchen
  • Αρνάκι ή χοιρινό για το γιορτινό τραπέζι
Αρνάκι ή χοιρινό για το γιορτινό τραπέζι
  • Πάθος για σοκολάτα
Πάθος για σοκολάτα
  • Chocolate the Christmash Queen
Chocolate the Christmash Queen